St. Joseph Catholic Elementary School is a Kindergarten to Grade 6 school located in Killarney, Ontario. The first one-room public school in Killarney opened in December of 1876 with 45 students and one teacher. This building was replaced by a new school in 1889. In 1937, it was transferred to the Sudbury R.C.S.S. Board and renamed St. Joseph’s School. By this time, the school had grown to two classrooms, with classes up to grade 10.
St. Joseph’s is now in its third location. This building on St. Paul Street was officially opened on May 19th, 1977, offering classes from Junior Kindergarten to grade eight.